Tuesday, May 19, 2009

V gets back to prime time on ABC this fall!


While it will be next-to-impossible for ABC’s revival of the cult-classic mini-series/television show, V, to outdo the original two mini-series, I think that America is again ready to embrace the visitors and the resistance.

I may be a little bias, but I was super-excited when I heard that NBC had plans to bring back the original cast of Marc Singer and Faye Grant for what became an ill-fated mini-series, but while it will be ABC that gets the chance to cash in on this storyline that in my opinion, was way ahead of its’ time for prime time television.

Replacing Singer, England, and Grant as cast members of the original series are Joel Gretsch (The 4400), Morris Chestnut, Liz Mitchell (Lost) and Scott Wolf (Party of Five).

While the two mini-series that preceded the actual television show were huge successes, NBC couldn’t seem to stick to a concrete storyline or even format when they introduced the series and it never made it to a second season. ABC has a chance to rewrite history, there’s a lot more competition these days and they’ll need some skillful writing and explosive storylines to be successful. I for one; can’t wait!

1 comment:

Samuel M. said...

I loved that show! I watched all of 'em on tv. My family recorded it on vhs and rewatched them numerous times, too. Good times.

ss_blog_claim=d4341cc3e0b035b2f3f250f52007a337