Sunday, February 22, 2009

It's more than an Oscar show, but like, a whole day!

Let’s be frank, I’ve been sitting here for the past 5 hours watching Oscar related television and I’m about to pull my hair out. Am I the one that wanted to watch all the red carpet show? No, that would be my wife. Are there other televisions in the house I could have used? Yes, but then again, I could have done something else all together and yet I didn’t.

If you go back to an earlier post, I think I may have mentioned my thoughts on all the garbage that goes with award shows. The “red carpet” is the epitome of this. I mean who the hell really cares what the stars are wearing and how they feel about the awards? Okay, I understand that millions and millions of people care, but it’s so damned boring. That being said, watching all of this invested me in this year’s awards show. I mean I can’t just not watch even that my wife has gone to bed. So I sit here so I can basically see who wins the award for the one category that I’m really interested in. Wonder how many guys sit in my shoes right about now?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jerry, does the term "Bored to tears" come to mind regarding Oscar? "I wish to thank" Heeehee! No, really I rather enjoyed it, but would rather have been watching their work than hearing about it and seeing them in their ties, tuxs and silks. You have done a nice job of setting up this blog, and is well written.

Nikkiboy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA, nice one...red carpet is boring and essentially useless, also I had goosebumps after I saw former Oscar-winners in testimonial to the nominees...damn corny...

ss_blog_claim=d4341cc3e0b035b2f3f250f52007a337