Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dancing With The Stars just isn't my cup of tea!

I’ve thought about writing a post about Dancing With The Stars for quite some time and haven’t gotten around to it for two main reasons. First, I hadn’t watched enough episodes to give an opinion and second, because after I starting watching it, I hoped the show would grow on me. Sadly, it has not.

While this show has had great success and as my wife, puts it, “is good clean fun,” I think the trouble I have with enjoying it is that I just don’t like dancing all that much. I suppose a good counter-argument to that would be that it’s fun to watch the “stars” progress as the show goes on, but unlike her, I don’t find myself interested in these people on a dance floor. The odd thing about it for me is that I actually have a friend and former classmate in the show right now, but I still don’t find myself interested.

I do think that there is a lot of hard work that goes into the routines and some of the dancing is beautiful and at times, exciting, but after a long day at work I would rather watch one of my favorite shows that try and find enjoyment in something I clearly don’t grasp like so many millions of others.

1 comment:

Living said...

hey, I do like dancing, and I don't watch it! It's no fun to watch, and I don't care about the people. I'm not a reality show fan either.

ss_blog_claim=d4341cc3e0b035b2f3f250f52007a337