Wednesday, April 8, 2009

SciFi Needs to Get Back to Science Fiction!


As much as I love the Scifi Channel, I am often bothered by their constant need to put on useless reality shows that take up time slots that would be better suited for reruns of older shows or syndication. There are currently reality shows that pit people against each other in a quest to become the best video game player and then there are a couple of silly shows that are like cheap obstacle courses with nothing exciting about them and clearly nothing “science fiction” related.

Oh, and don’t get me started on Scare Tactics. I really don’t have the time to cover this monstrosity of a poor man’s version of Punk’d meets Candid Camera!

All of that said, I have been a fan of Ghost Hunters for some time, but even that show seems to really have run its’ course. I know it’s really popular and even has it’s international spin off, but the original show is getting boring because it’s really the same thing over and over and over.

Having watched some of the best original programming on television, on Scifi, over the past decade, I would really like them to get back to the scripted science fiction series that really make people say, “If.”

1 comment:

Christine said...

I still enjoy Ghost Hunters; it's really the only "Ghost" show I can watch without getting irritated.

Did you read how the SciFi channel is re-branding? Wish I could remember where I read it though.

ss_blog_claim=d4341cc3e0b035b2f3f250f52007a337